The 19th/36th Phibsboro Scout Group has been in existence since 1929 catering first for boys and then from 1983 for boys & girls from Phibsboro and beyond. The first groups met in St. Peters Church before moving to a garage in St. Peters Lane. Following on from the second world war, a corrugated Nissan hut which had been used to store turf in the Phoenix Park, was purchased by the Scouts and used as a Scout Den. Our first proper Den was built in the early 60’s just beside the walls of Mountjoy prison following the purchase of land from CIE. In 1983, we made what should be our final move to our current Den here behind the Library on the site of a former Marble works.